Saturday, November 10, 2012

A peek at my creative process (Yes, I have one!)

Notes for future ideas.

I don't know about you, but I sometimes have a tough time remembering things. I have to write them down or else I'll forget. So I'm always scribbling little notes to myself on any piece of paper handy -- envelopes, junk mail, Post-Its, etc. Here, for future historians, is one such note. It's probably illegible to you, so I'll transcribe it.

  • Always Sunny - B Boys/Girl Talk: This was the basis for my recent post, "There's a fine line between breakdown and breakthrough."
  • On Atheism: This was the basis for the post entitled "No Voices in the Sky."
  • Fat Nerds: Sorry for the bluntness of the language, but this is the seed for a potential article in which I discuss my theory that many so-called "nerds" have weight issues because jocks intimidated them as children and made them associate exercise with bullying. I have dealt with weight issues myself, incidentally.
  • Beard/No Beard: Another potential article. Quite simple, really. I might be gingerly entering the dating scene soon, and I wanted to solicit women's opinions on whether I look better with or without facial hair. I'm currently clean-shaven, but I've done the whole beard thing, too.
  • The Ward: Before the experience gradually fades from my memory, I thought I should write an article about what it's like to be in a psych ward. I want to record it for posterity's sake so that I can read it later.
  • White Album/NOTLD: This is actually something I want to do for the Mail Order Zombie podcast. Since the Beatles' White Album and George Romero's Night of the Living Dead both came out in 1968, I want to do an audio piece which combines the two. This is super-ambitious and complicated, so it may have to wait. I want it to be good.
  • (in the margin) Sheep/Manger: For the Christmas season, I am planning to write a short story for this blog revolving around the Nativity. It will involve sheep and the manger.

There you have it: some genuine Wayne Kotke ephemera! Hope you enjoyed it!